Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Can we have multiple delimiters in one control file? (10g)
Can we have multiple delimiters in one control file? [message #289828] Wed, 26 December 2007 04:21 Go to next message
smithsareen
Hi All,

I'm having a scenario, wherein I'm using sqlloader to upload data from input files to oracle table.

The input file can be following type.
1. Tab demilited values.
2. Fixed length values seperated by comma.
3. Delimited file - Here I can select any delimiter - semicolon, tab etc.

The delimiter value is being stored in another table(XYZ).

So, my question is do I need to create different control files for each of the delimiter?

Can I have one control file and before calling sqlloader I'll check the value of delimiter in table (XYZ) and change my control file's - field terminated by - parameter dynamically.

Please provide your valuable inputs.

Thanks in Advance,
Smith
Re: Can we have multiple delimiters in one control file? [message #289856 is a reply to message #289828] Wed, 26 December 2007 05:06 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

Can I have one control file and before calling sqlloader I'll check the value of delimiter in table (XYZ) and change my control file's - field terminated by - parameter dynamically.

Yes, this is the way to do it with SQL*Loader.

Or you can use an external table and alter it with the correct parameters each time you want to use it.

See Database Administrator's Guide
Chapter 15 Managing Tables
Section Managing External Tables

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: import dmp 10G error
Next Topic: sql loder problem...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 06:28:05 CDT 2024