Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Test and development environment Oracle AS
Test and development environment Oracle AS [message #253242] Mon, 23 July 2007 04:56 Go to next message
sae1962

Hi!

I have installed an Oracle environment (DB 10.2.0 on one machine, Oracle Application Server (AS) 10.1.2 & Oracle Identity Management (OIM) on another machine, both with Windows Server 2003 SP 2) as the testbed for our project. Now, I am instructed to install a second, similar environment for the developers.

My question is if it is reasonable to install both low-load schemas on the same machine, being accessed by the database server.

For the AS for the developer environment, I think that it is better to use a third machine, as sometimes these machines have to be rebooted, which would annoy the testers, and vice versa.

What is your idea/experience about it? Both test and development do not need a high throughput.
Re: Test and development environment Oracle AS [message #253257 is a reply to message #253242] Mon, 23 July 2007 05:16 Go to previous message
Arju

Its up to you. U know better who will use how much.
Previous Topic: Auto Extension of Tablespaces
Next Topic: MY DATABASE CAN NOT START
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 20:05:51 CDT 2024