Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Can I safely disable Resource Manager
Can I safely disable Resource Manager [message #242250] Fri, 01 June 2007 05:22 Go to next message
tmathew

Hi All,

we have 24/7 system and has also got logical standby db for reporting purpose.We randomly get the following error
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kgskthrexit3], [0], [4948], [0], [], [], [], []

The impact of this error is current user process will dropped from the session and the transaction will be rolled back.it's bit scary.

in the alert log file. Oracle said it's known bug with the 10.2.3 version and asking us to upgrade to 10.2.3 and apply patches and also they said it's fixed in 11g:)

Workaround they suggested is to disable the Resource Manger and they said we can disable it dynamically.

Would you please suggest the proc and corns of diabling the resource manager?

does it pops up any news critical issues?

Thanks,

Mathew

Re: Can I safely disable Resource Manager [message #242272 is a reply to message #242250] Fri, 01 June 2007 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
ora-00600: internal error code, arguments: [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s], [%s]
 *Cause:  This is the generic internal error number for Oracle program
           exceptions.  This indicates that a process has encountered an
           exceptional condition.
 *Action: Report as a bug - the first argument is the internal error number

Search on Metalink.
Call Oracle support.

Regards
Michel
Re: Can I safely disable Resource Manager [message #242336 is a reply to message #242272] Fri, 01 June 2007 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tmathew
Michel,

Called and talked to Oracle support and they said we need to apply patch or go with the workaround.

But when I asked about the work around i.e disable the resource manager,they are not willing to help me.They said it's our responsibilty to check the impacts if we go with disabling the resource manager.we are using our own resource manager plan.Am not sure where and how to check it.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Mathew
Re: Can I safely disable Resource Manager [message #242344 is a reply to message #242336] Fri, 01 June 2007 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
we are using our own resource manager plan.Am not sure where and how to check it.

Are you or not using Oracle resource manager? I don't understand. (I think Oracle support talked about Oracle resource manager not OS one.)

Regards
Michel
Re: Can I safely disable Resource Manager [message #242375 is a reply to message #242344] Fri, 01 June 2007 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tmathew
Michel,

Yes,We are using resource manager.My question is can I go ahead and disable the resource manager safely without affecting anything else? We have a primary and logical database.

Thanks,

Mathew

Re: Can I safely disable Resource Manager [message #242376 is a reply to message #242375] Fri, 01 June 2007 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you are using resource manager this is surely because you need it.
I don't know anybody activing a resource plan (but SYSTEM_PLAN) if it is useless.
So, in this case, of course this will impact you.
Have a look at what is the definition of your resource plan and why you use it, then you'll know what will be the effect if you disable it.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 01 June 2007 13:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can I safely disable Resource Manager [message #242394 is a reply to message #242376] Fri, 01 June 2007 15:25 Go to previous message
tmathew
Thanks much Michel

already started looking into it...

Mathew
Previous Topic: Datadictionary views
Next Topic: monitoring alert log
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:09:18 CDT 2024