Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Is it Possible
icon2.gif  Is it Possible [message #228381] Mon, 02 April 2007 15:40 Go to next message
chmlaeeque
I have Installed a database 9i on Windows 2000 and having imp. data in it but dont know how the database gets damage and the oracle cant load on startup by automatically and manually process. It shows that database is in starting or shutdown in progress even the computer is in remain open for an hour. then i have create another database with name ORCL1 and the database of ORCL1 gets starts normally.
My question is that is there any way of retreiving data from the oradata folder consists of may files of database or any other process to get the data back. be sure that have create a new database in an existing oracle means first SID is ORCL and the 2nd is ORCL1.
Waiting for ur reply
M. Laeeque A.
Re: Is it Possible [message #228431 is a reply to message #228381] Tue, 03 April 2007 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aboodlardy
Hi

Try taking the copy of all files( datafiles ) , restore and try to create new control file in ur second database. But this may lose online redo.
Re: Is it Possible [message #228437 is a reply to message #228381] Tue, 03 April 2007 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
starting or shutdown in progress

Are you check your alert<sid>.log file why it is happen and what is reason.

regards
Taj
Re: Is it Possible [message #228536 is a reply to message #228381] Tue, 03 April 2007 05:41 Go to previous message
babai_74_cal
Generally Starting or Shutdown in progress is happened due to the copprution of Redo log files. If the log file status is current(You can see from status column from v$log view) and it is corrupted then the Error is thrown. You should recover your database manually.
Previous Topic: Senior DBA pls help to
Next Topic: how to rectify this error?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:54:57 CDT 2024