Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Is it possible to Rollback any applied / unsuccessfully applied PATCH
icon4.gif   Is it possible to Rollback any applied / unsuccessfully applied PATCH [message #215877] Wed, 24 January 2007 02:38 Go to next message
monukoshy
Hello,

My patching process failed... The critical update patch released by Oracle last week i.e. (10.2.0.3) Patch set 2 for Oracle 10g Release 2 is getting stuck up midway at around 79 %. It does'nt move thereafter... hence i had to abandon the patching process.
Now i need to rollback/uninstall the unsuccessfull packages that wud've been installed while the patching was in progress.
Is there a way to remove/rollback a patch/package that has either been successfully or unsuccessfully applied.
I am on Oracle 10g... on a Solaris box.

Kindly guide.

Regards
Monu Koshy
Re: Is it possible to Rollback any applied / unsuccessfully applied PATCH [message #215881 is a reply to message #215877] Wed, 24 January 2007 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sshpocp
Dear,

I hope you know that whenever a critical patch gonna be applied on, We need to take the Oracle_HOME backup and Database backup. Moreover, this is pre-req task also before going to apply the patch. You can restore this back, and get your database.

Regards,
Sabdar Syed,
http://sabdarsyed.blogspot.com
Re: Is it possible to Rollback any applied / unsuccessfully applied PATCH [message #215883 is a reply to message #215877] Wed, 24 January 2007 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monukoshy
Thanks for ur reply Sabdar,

Ya i hv taken the backup of the db before applying the patch.
Basically there is nothing wrong with the db right now... its up and running. But i wish to remove those usuccessful binaries from the db.
Apart from that.. my superior does not want me to restore the db.. from a previous bkup, cos the db is working fine (according to him).
I guess there surely is a way to rollback / remove these packages/patches.

Regards
Monu Koshy

[Updated on: Wed, 24 January 2007 02:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is it possible to Rollback any applied / unsuccessfully applied PATCH [message #215943 is a reply to message #215883] Wed, 24 January 2007 06:13 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> I guess there surely is a way to rollback / remove these packages/patches.
The required information should be available along with the patchset. Check the README file.
Previous Topic: How to Create alert - Urgent Help please
Next Topic: SQL Hint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:00:12 CDT 2024