Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » export is too slow
export is too slow [message #201910] Tue, 07 November 2006 06:03 Go to next message
M.Shakeel Azeem
I want to export a schema size of 13GB by using the following

exp userid=cyber_ncl/spiral@orancl grants=y indexes=y Constraints=y file=c:\backup\cyber_ncl.dmp owner=cyber_ncl log=E:\Backup\9i\bhaipheru\log_cyber.log

It is taking more than 8 hours to complete
One reason could be data is highly fragmented
In another database server export is taking 1/2 hr but after rebuilding tables and indexes for defragmention of data
Now the exp is completed within 5 minutes

Should i also perform the same task at this particular DB Server?
What u'll suggest Sir?
thanx in advance
Re: export is too slow [message #201915 is a reply to message #201910] Tue, 07 November 2006 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Should i also perform the same task at this particular DB Server?

Yes
try this.
and also use

DIRECT
Default: n

Specifies whether you use direct path or conventional path Export.

Specifying DIRECT=y causes Export to extract data by reading the data directly, bypassing the SQL command-processing layer (evaluating buffer). This method can be much faster than a conventional path Export.

let us know

hope this helps.
Mohammad Taj.
Re: export is too slow [message #201933 is a reply to message #201910] Tue, 07 November 2006 08:00 Go to previous message
joy_division
Is this database on the same server as you are doing the export? Exporting using a TNS entry is very slow, even if it is on the same server. Can you export directly from the database server? If it's on the same server, set your ORACLE_SID first and then leave the TNS entry off.
Previous Topic: QUESTION ABOUT MAX NUMBER OF ORACLE THREADS IN 64-BIT W2003
Next Topic: migrate on network
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:53:01 CDT 2024