Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Shared library errors when I try to run SQLPLUS HELP!!
Shared library errors when I try to run SQLPLUS HELP!! [message #198937] Thu, 19 October 2006 04:14 Go to next message
aidi-h
shared library errors when trying to run sqlplus. Help!!

I have just done an install of Oracle on my LINUX server. sqlplus works fine when logged in as 'oracle' but not as anyone else.
When I type in the following,
sqlplus mentor/mentor
I get the following error,
"mngr (dbbg) > sqlplus mentor/mentor
SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Oct 18 15:44:04 2006 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. oracle
MENTDB01: error while loading shared libraries: libjox10.so: cannot open s hared object file: No such file or directory ERROR: ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact Enter user-name:"
If I specify the TNSNAME i.e. sqlplus mentor/mentor@MENTDB01, it works fine.
libjox10.so exists in $ORACLE_HOME/lib and seems to have the right permissions.

$PATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings are as follows
mngr (dbbg) > echo $PATH
/bin:/usr/bin:/disk1/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin:
/usr/local/bin:/usr/local:/usr/MENTOR/prog/ad:
/usr/MENTOR/prog/uscript:
/usr/MENTOR/prog/ms:
/usr/MENTOR/prog/sq:
/usr/MENTOR/prog/ca:
/usr/MENTOR/homes/mngr:
mngr (dbbg) > echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/disk1/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/lib
mngr (dbbg) > echo $ORACLE_HOME
/disk1/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Shared library errors when I try to run SQLPLUS HELP!! [message #199197 is a reply to message #198937] Sat, 21 October 2006 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Check the LD_LIBRARY_PATH under Oracle user id. Export the same under other users also.

also set.
oracle_sid
path
shlib_path

and relink all executable files.

May be :::: $relink all; ( i am not using *nix but i found "relink all" cmd to relink all executable files in *nix system. try it.)
hope this helps.
Re: Shared library errors when I try to run SQLPLUS HELP!! [message #199286 is a reply to message #198937] Mon, 23 October 2006 03:40 Go to previous message
aidi-h
Thanks for the reply.
I sorted that error. The problem was that the $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle file did not have 'set user id' perm set.
Thanks anyway
Previous Topic: instance number busy
Next Topic: Renaming Datafiles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:39:20 CDT 2024