Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » to know all the users
to know all the users [message #164390] Thu, 23 March 2006 04:39 Go to next message
aditya_gangadharam

hi All,

I am in a particular user say SCOTT

i want to know all the user names and their even though there are no tables defined to that user i want to know all the user names and their passwords..
is this possible. if so how

thanks in regards..

aditya.
Re: to know all the users [message #164394 is a reply to message #164390] Thu, 23 March 2006 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JSI2001
select username from all_users

but you can't get their passwords other than in encrypted form. This has been asked many times here, please search the forums.

Jim
icon12.gif  Re: to know all the users [message #166152 is a reply to message #164390] Tue, 04 April 2006 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amosnaks
What do you want their passwords for? If you want to perform a task as the user that is not available, Do the following. SELECT USERNAME, PASSWORD FROM DBA_USERS; Change their password. ALTER USER X IDENTIFIED BY Y; Do whatever needs to be done. Give the user their old password back. With the result from "SELECT" statement above. Copy the encrypted password and use it as follows.

ALTER USER X INDENTIFIED BY VALUES 'copy password here'; This will give them their old password back;
Re: to know all the users [message #166159 is a reply to message #164390] Tue, 04 April 2006 21:39 Go to previous message
PSASA
There is another way to get to know all of the End Users in an Applicatin. Logged in with the System Administrator Responsibilty you can run a report which gives all Users and their responsibilities assigned. It is the Users by Responsibility Report. You can see their User Names and Responsibilities. You can always gain access from a User by changing or resetting their passwords to something else. You can also monitor the End Users time on and know what Applications they have used on certain days. I am not sure if this helps, but if not SQL can get you any information that you need but maybe not the passwords. Just reset them and get in , LOL. you just need to know the tables to run the SQL and write your Select statement.

Previous Topic: language problem
Next Topic: Oracle DBA interview
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:27:04 CDT 2024