Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » regarding passwordfile authentication
regarding passwordfile authentication [message #163818] Mon, 20 March 2006 03:32 Go to next message
frank.svs
Hi all,
I am working on Windows 2003 server Os. My Oracale Database version is 9.2.0.1.0. I've created a passwordfile for database called "testdb" using ORAPWD utility. before this i've changed the following parameter at intance level i.e

remote_login_passwordfile=exclusive

and try to connect to the database as sys user.
And now i am getting an Error as
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
??

why it is coming so. Sometimes it s also showing TNS adaptor protocol error and also invalid username/password error eventhough i am supplying the correct credentials. Why such an error is coming.Later i've deleted the password file and modified the

remote_login_passwordfile=none

and tried to connect once again but still its not connecting.
What could be the reason.

Thank Q in advance.
Re: regarding passwordfile authentication [message #163831 is a reply to message #163818] Mon, 20 March 2006 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua
post back the command that you used to login as "sys". And use
 code tags 

Are you sure that your database is up and running???

Check from the services.
Re: regarding passwordfile authentication [message #163835 is a reply to message #163831] Mon, 20 March 2006 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frank.svs
This is how i tried to connect to the database

sqlplus "sys/sys@servicename as sysdba"
Re: regarding passwordfile authentication [message #163894 is a reply to message #163818] Mon, 20 March 2006 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
On windows there is an operating system group that can override the passwordfile settings in determining who can log in with sysdba privs. Check the os user and group that you are trying to log onto the database as. And also confirm you can log in as other users using the same command (test/test@service) to make sure that it is only a sysdba thing and not some other database or service problem.
Re: regarding passwordfile authentication [message #163969 is a reply to message #163894] Tue, 21 March 2006 00:43 Go to previous message
tarundua

As Martin suggested try to login to the database with a user other then sys.
Previous Topic: global temporaray table
Next Topic: Moving data's with out down the application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:23:54 CDT 2024