Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » oracle client
oracle client [message #158445] Sat, 11 February 2006 00:45 Go to next message
shahji
• I have one problem that my server is on Linux and the Database is on 10G, I have installed the client software on a other PC but it is not recognizing the Host Name and also it is not connecting to the Server.

• We can ping, telenet to the server through the IP Address of the Server but the SQLPLUS is not working.

• I m also trying the database connect with Microsoft Visual Basic. It is giving these errors,

• The Error of the SQLPLUS: ORA-12514: TNS: listener does not currently know of service requested in connect description

• The Microsoft Data Link Error: Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle
Re: oracle client [message #158464 is a reply to message #158445] Sat, 11 February 2006 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vbob
Please post your tnsnames entry on the client, connect string you are using in sqlplus and listener.ora file on the server

Vadim Bobrov
Oracle Database Tools
http://www.fourthelephant.com
oracle client [message #159066 is a reply to message #158464] Wed, 15 February 2006 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ambica
hi,
could anyone help me in this issue?
I am not able to insert russain character from the client database.The client is installed in windows 2000 professional.
When i try inserting it shows some junk characters.
Re: oracle client [message #159148 is a reply to message #159066] Thu, 16 February 2006 06:49 Go to previous message
Lehmann
Read up on NLS_LANG and make sure the database supports your russian characterset.
Previous Topic: oracle load information
Next Topic: functional index and bind variable problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:23:38 CDT 2024