Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » export oracle 8i database to access
export oracle 8i database to access [message #60007] Fri, 09 January 2004 00:44 Go to next message
Marco Schepers
Hi all,

Our customer wants a monthly extraction of their Oracle database and they would like to have the data imported in an Access database.
Why?? I have really no idee :s
Up till now, we're doing this with an .asp script which consumes lots of cpu and also takes a lot of time.
Is there any simple way to this, without much work for us and our server.
Our operating system is Windows NT 4.0 (yes, still using this old fashioned one) :)

Thanks in advantage
Re: export oracle 8i database to access [message #60011 is a reply to message #60007] Fri, 09 January 2004 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kadhirvelu
hi,
you will be able to connect to Oracle DB, by creating an Data Source Name (DSN) using ODBC driver. BY the way having MSAccess front end, you can access the Oracle. If you really want to transfer data, extract and create CSV/ASCII file, and use Oracle SQL loader utility.

Good luck.!
Re: export oracle 8i database to access [message #160012 is a reply to message #60011] Wed, 22 February 2006 14:12 Go to previous message
looking4sri
Can any one guide me how to retrieve data from orcale using MS-Access as front-end with out Oracle Client installed. I am new to Oracle. I tried to configure ODBC for ORACLE, i couldn't do so.. I am prompted with error message ' Component Missing'. I think this is bcz i dont have oracle client.

Please educate me if there is anyother alternative way to access oracle data using MS-Access with out oralce client on client machine.

Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic: Cant select/describe table
Next Topic: upgrade
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:25:26 CDT 2024